Who Am I??

An environmental engg turned Software Engg working for a MNC. U cn call me Peenuts..thats what my long lost frend used 2 call me, and its in his memory.

1/11/21

Be careful what you wish for




Wishing you a Happy 2021. While 2020 has been challenging for most of the mankind (apart from likes of Ambani :P), wishing and hoping that we get vaccinated soon. 

Even without vaccination, most of us have got back to our usual lives. While its good in a way, we still need to be careful, wear masks and follow social distancing. Unfortunately, the Metro and PVR Cinemas seem to be the only places where these are being followed and I realized this when  I went to see Wonder Women 1984 @ PVR via the Metro. 

Did I like the movie..it was kinda ok. The romance didn't seem to fit in and the end was pretty boring. I had booked recliner seats for the first time but found them to be kind ok only. Not worth the price.



So what did I like about the movie? It conveyed a very powerful message - When you wish for something, it might get granted but in turn, it takes away something from you in return - something something you had not bargained for. In the movie, Wonder Woman comes across a wishing stone, she wishes for her love to come back. The wish comes true but she loses her powers in return. Eventually, she has to relinquish her wish. 

When I related this to people around me, I could see the same happen in real life as well. People wishing and also getting it but realizing the cost of it as well. Only in real life there is no way to undo it. So what's my take? Whatever happens, happens for a reason. We humans are short sighted and hence not able to see through the situation clearly, but God has a long term vision for us. Thus we should trust in his actions and face the situation rather than wishing our way out of it. 

What do you think?

No comments:

Book Reviews