Who Am I??

An environmental engg turned Software Engg working for a MNC. U cn call me Peenuts..thats what my long lost frend used 2 call me, and its in his memory.

3/29/20

Lockdown Day # 5



Day 5 of lock down - Realized that I m not so self-sufficient as I had thought :|

One thing I dislike is cooking. However I love to eat, taste at least. Wife has always been pampering enough that there never arose a need to cook. Then if she wasn't there, there was maid to fall back on. If that also didn't work out, then there was food delivery and nearby food thelas. But all that has changed in just 5 days.

Wifey dear is still here but with the situation world over worsening day by day, today it felt like that I couldn't take her presence for granted anymore. That she needs to learn what I am good at and I need to learn her strengths. That we cannot take this moment for granted. For the future has never been so unpredictable. And gloomier news are increasing day by day.


  • Italy seems to have has exploded.
  • USA seems to be heading just there.
  • Poor in India, driver by hunger, have started heading for their homes, on foot - throwing all social distancing norms at a toss - creating yet another big crisis.
  • A close friend of mine was asked to leave job as his project was ramping down.
  • IMF has said world is in a recession bigger than 2008-09.


So today I stepped into the kitchen and made a start - by making rotis. Its not that I have never cooked before, I used to cook as a bachelor, when I was far away from home, but thats been more than 10 yrs now.

But despite the long gap, it all felt like coming back. And I was able to cook decent, eatable chapatis. Good enough for a start. Next up in my list - Learn to make my favourite dal.

No comments:

Book Reviews