Who Am I??

An environmental engg turned Software Engg working for a MNC. U cn call me Peenuts..thats what my long lost frend used 2 call me, and its in his memory.

3/24/20

21 days of lockdown - Impractical or the Only Way Out?




First the Janta curfew, then lockdown till 31st and now another 21 days of lockdown. As he said people were still taking this virus lightly and enforcing it by shutting people in their homes was the only way out.

But what about the economic cost? Mr Modi said the economic cost is going to be huge but how huge?

  • What about the daily wagers who have no money to survive this time?
  • What about small industries and shops who would end up going bankrupt?
  • What about poor farmers and tonnes of crop waiting to be harvested?
  • What about the economic recession that is going to set in? Endless jobs that are going to be lost?
Though it has been said that arrangements would be made that poor get ration they need but given the huge population and high poverty rate, isn't it impractical. As impractical as demonetization was? Seems like we have to choose between people dying of hunger or dying of this virus. 

I have been a fan of Mr Modi and continue to be so. And I am keeping my fingers crossed, Wishing and Hoping that all the points above and more have been thought through, Wishing and Praying that we survive this difficult time and come out stronger.

1 comment:

SubtlePerfection said...

Fingers Crossed my friend !!!

Book Reviews