Who Am I??

An environmental engg turned Software Engg working for a MNC. U cn call me Peenuts..thats what my long lost frend used 2 call me, and its in his memory.

4/24/06

ThE IdIoT bOx

I have been really disappointed after seeing the level to which media(I am referring to TV news programs) has fallen..reduced to a mere money spinning machine and a publicity stunt. Yes that’s wht is has become now.
Yesterday I was seeing the coverage of Mr.Pamod Mahajan’s shooting.From interviewing Mr .Mahanjan’s every damned relative to Mr.Praveen’s maid and mandir ka pujari..they interviewed everyone..everyone of them. How many times in our life we hav had a heart to heart conversation with our pujari..i fail to understand the purpose, the precious media air time being wasted on such stupid things..this is nt just one case that makes me so annoyed. Take another case, a very recent one..yep u guessed it right..Salman Khan’s arrest.. the media went 2 limit of comparing wht kind of atta salman khan ws being given and compared it with the kind salman ws used – for nutrient value and evry other bullshit..totally disgusting.

Now lets take a look at wht print media has to offer..i ws not even aware of wht NBA (Naramada Bachao Aaandolan) was..i thought that it ws a movement againt the development of country, some people stopping us from entering the new era..it ws only after I read this article in The Hindu, I realized how wrong I was. The fact that they were fighting for the rehabilitation right of the thousand’s affected and not against raising the height of dam ws truly a revelation. However, the TV media wishes to focus itself on completely senseless issues

It has truly become an Idiot’s Box..its time we switch off

1 comment:

delhidreams said...

yes pino, u r right...
and this is my second last comment on ur blog :(

Book Reviews