Who Am I??

An environmental engg turned Software Engg working for a MNC. U cn call me Peenuts..thats what my long lost frend used 2 call me, and its in his memory.

3/9/11

A visit to the Mughal Gardens

I had been to Mughal Gardens almost 20 yrs back with my parents, and whenever we used to see the pics they used to leave us nostalgic and awed. So this time when the Mughal Gardens in Delhi opened to public, my mom was very excited to visit it. Finally after much dillying dallying last saturday we gave the much talked about Mughal Gardens a visit; once again.

As the entry wss free we were expecting to witness a heavy rush however (luckily) it was not so. I was expecting the Gardens to be an artist’s portrait of nature’s beauty, hoping and wishing to be swept off in a feeling of awe, however the Mughal Garden's were more like an exhibition – an exhibition of herbs, bonsai, flowers and more. The much talked about Vertical Garden was a bit of a disappointment while the Bonsai section was pretty nice. Sadly as photography is no more allowed, we completed the visit in sheer 45 mins and at the end didnt have any memories to carry with us.

The Mughal Gardens are a welcome break from the confines of a mall, but more like a one time visit. Next year when the gardens reopen I wonder if I will be interested in visiting them again.

No comments:

Book Reviews