Who Am I??

An environmental engg turned Software Engg working for a MNC. U cn call me Peenuts..thats what my long lost frend used 2 call me, and its in his memory.

8/1/10

Friendship Day..huh

Is this day of relevance anymore? Does anybody even cherish the feeling of friendship, leave alone celebrate it as a 'Day'? Do we, given the fact that we have so many priorities, have even time for all this? Or is it just me being too sarcastic?????

The days of my college are undoubtedly one of the best days of my life. We were a batch of just 26 and to me, my friends were like an extended family, rather than a bunch of people brought together by fate. So when after 5 yrs of leavin college, when one of the most loved guys of our class was getting married, i was looking fwd to it..not just because his marriage was something all of us were keen to attend, but also because i was looking fwd to meet the people with whom i spended 4 valuable yrs of my life. Only to be disappointed to find out that just 4 of us out of the batch of 26 turned up.

But then i realized that i was just being over-enthusiastic. That  given the hectic pace of our lives, there are other things more important than friendship. I realized that i was still living in the past, as i always do, and while i had been unable to move on and lose myself in a new set of 'friends', others had done so. That friendship now a days is not about meeting and spending time with each other, but about posting 'Happy Friendship day' on a wall on facebook or orkut. Huh..so be it..

Happy 'so-called' friendship day.

No comments:

Book Reviews