Who Am I??

An environmental engg turned Software Engg working for a MNC. U cn call me Peenuts..thats what my long lost frend used 2 call me, and its in his memory.

6/14/09

Frame of reference and life

Came across an interesting point of view this Saturday.

I have always been very enthu when its a special day for my friends or parents or collegues, be it a birthday or a bachelor's party. I spend days and weeks brainstorming on how to make them feel special that day..but when its my special day..i also 'unfortunately' expect the same, want to be pampered, and made felt special, from morning till night (which never happens making me feel all the more frustrated).

But in this whole process i never realised that though i spend hours planning for others, in their 'frame of reference' the end result was barely an hour of celebration, sometimes only half an hour, sometimes even 15 mins or less. And so is what happens in my case.

Also where i take days to plan, they might only take hours to do so. What i and we all need to do is fit ourselves in this frame of reference and then see things.

It was definitely an eye opener for me. Hope it helps u as well.

No comments:

Book Reviews