Who Am I??

An environmental engg turned Software Engg working for a MNC. U cn call me Peenuts..thats what my long lost frend used 2 call me, and its in his memory.

9/20/14

Leaving behind work buddies

"We all have work buddies. By their very nature our work buddies come and go since those relationships are built on proximity and shared professional purpose rather than genuine friendship."

I came across this article and it felt like i  was seeing in the mirror. I have had so many buddies at work. We share a lot of awesome and frustrating moments together..got close in the process. Then companies changed, life got even busier and we moved on. I wont blame them for getting out  of touch. I am equally or more responsible for this. In this rat race which i have become willingly or unwillingly a part of I have had little time for myself..little time for my family and no time for my 'work buddies'.
I met a person here (an American) who says that the core essence of our jobs is that we r human, that we share a bond, and despite  the pressures of our jobs, what we will  remember is the moments we shared together. Today is his last day in the company. While i wish him the best, I will try my very best to not let distances separate us.

No comments:

Book Reviews