Who Am I??

An environmental engg turned Software Engg working for a MNC. U cn call me Peenuts..thats what my long lost frend used 2 call me, and its in his memory.

6/4/09

NIEM- info please!!

Hello frends!

U must be already knowing how pissed off i am with being a software engineer. I have been looking at alternative career options (quite actively) - one of them being pursuing my interest in organising events i.e. pursuing a career in event management..no i am not thinking of opening a venture of my own (m too underconfident for that), but looking to find a job in an Event Management company, making contacts, and then making a mark of my own.

Unfortunately..i got to know from a number of people that the salaries paid there are pathetically low...ranging from 7k to 12k only..thats too low to even survive, considering i mite need to work in pune or even bombay.

Recently i came across an article in Education Times on National institute in Event Management. This college (in Pune) is the no 1 in Asia. It provides Part time Diploma in Event Management (an 11 months course) for a fee of just Rs 31,000. There are just 60 seats, but the catch is that there is no entrance exam, no GD/PI..admissions are on first come, first serve basis..i found it too hard to digest.

I am quite interested in this, as it will provide an excellent platform to step into my field of interest (without having to sacrifice my job). I have been trying to get in touch with alumni or students of NIEM, thru linked on and orkut but havent met any success..if u by chance know any one from NIEM (National Institute of Event Management), please do let me know asap.

1 comment:

Saumya said...

hi there.. i happened to come across your blog post. just to confirm, are you still looking for information about event management colleges? you can mail me on saumyasharma1@gmail.com

Book Reviews