Who Am I??

An environmental engg turned Software Engg working for a MNC. U cn call me Peenuts..thats what my long lost frend used 2 call me, and its in his memory.

2/23/09

My experience @ GL Interview

It was another addition to my kitty of poor performances :(
The case study was easy: Deepti, a CEO of an airlines, had to undergo one of the four mentioned cost cutting measures. As a group we had to reach on a common consesus..the options of layoff of 10% of workforce, and 30% cut in employee retirement fund, were eliminated easily..the two options left were increasing working hrs by 1 hr, and reducing employee salaries by 10%. I was in favour of latter as it wud give immediate returns, and that increased one hr doesnt mean increased productivity..then a new clause was thrown that jet fuel prices had been slashed..so we felt that the earlier option, of increasing work hrs wud be better now, as lower fuel prices wud mean lower ticket fares, and increased passenger load. Finally we were asked to decide upon a person who wud summarise..now this was tricky and almost threw us in a chaos, till one guy suggested, that a girl who had spoken less, shud be given a chance-everyone agreed. While the grp as a whole was a success, i feel that i cudnt make my presence felt..did came up with a lot of points but wasnt impressed with their quality...may b this was coz there were two beautiful girls in our grp, and judges had a hard time concentrating...lol..
Then there ws a psychometric test..which was followed by a PI..
I was asked questions on my essay..my long term goal to open up a school - why an MBA for that, how wud it be different from any other money making institute coming up every now and then, something i was gud at (talked abt my 'organising skills-autumn will kill me if she reads this :P) , how did i hear of GL and y GL?
My interview lasted just 15 mins...compared to the avg time of 30 mins for others....thats bad..i have faced this problem earlier also..(my interview at IIT Kgp 2 years back lasted just 5 mins :)...wonder how to keep the panel interested!!!!!

No comments:

Book Reviews